Written: Saturday, November 20th
After our embryo transfer on Thursday, November 11th, I was also put on strict bed rest for three days. This meant only necessary bathroom privileges, no showers, nothing. At first I thought no big deal, I can watch lots of tv, read, knit and nap. This was not the case. It was awful, I was bored, lonely and 100% dependent upon Brian. Monday rolled around and I was then on four days of house rest, which was still completely sedentary with a five minute tepid shower. There was nothing on tv, reading wasn't working, my skin was crawling and I cried a lot. That is a lot of time to spend isolated. Friday finally came and I was free!
The past week and a half has been pretty trying on my sanity. To top it all off I started the progesterone in oil shots the day before the transfer, which are pure hell for the both of us. Brian gives these to me nightly with a thick two and a half inch needle just above my rear end. It's difficult for him to do this, even more difficult for me to endure.
Friday was also a day of wonder...
Through the course of the week, I had of course been peeing on the cheap sticks I purchased online. Out of twenty four sticks there are five left, I could be addicted to worse things! I was watching to see if the trigger shot has left the building, which should last no more then ten days. Friday Morning I used another test and thought to myself "huh, it's been twelve days and this is very faint, maybe a shadow... but maybe?". I decided to walk away and get out of the house.
My first outing was the bookstore where, of course, I find myself in the pregnancy section. I bought a mini Dr. Seuss book Oh Baby The Places You Will Go and a card for Brian... just in case. I then took myself out to El Ranchito for some Mama Avilas soup. My last stop was Target, where I walked out with a First Response three pack and a First Response Digital two pack. You can never have enough things to pee on.
It was two thirty when I got home and wasted no time testing. I decided to just go straight to the digital and those were a long three minutes. YES! That is what it said. Yes! I was in shock, ok I still am. I spent the rest of the afternoon I disbelief. Can you believe it!?!?
Brian and I had decided to go to Jacks for dinner. It was very busy evening so we ended up sitting in the lounge for dinner, not as private as I would have liked. We ordered appetizers and took our time. About an hour later we have dinner... By the way bacon, pasta and cream are out of this world. The lounge started to quiet a bit and I asked to share dessert. Brian excuses himself from the table for a moment and I place the card and book under his napkin. He comes back quite surprised, his face lights up as he realizes what I am telling him. This was a beautiful moment to share.
Our journey to this day has been rocky, filled with tears, heartbreak, and frustration. This has all been worth. I had little faith that IVF would work for us, we have endured so many let downs over the past few years, but it did work. I am so thankful that we found the strength to push on.
Today I am pregnant and we love our little one(s). May this dream continue to blossom into a beautiful outcome next summer.
I have avoided posting this saved entry for quite some time. I have been waiting for my RE appointment to confirm the pregnancy and to tell our family first.
Written: Tuesday, November 23rd
I am very happy to announce that today's betas were 309 at 12 days past transfer or 15 days past retrieval. These are excellent numbers! I have a follow up beta draw on Thanksgiving morning, remember RE's don't ever get a break. Fingers are crossed for excellent doubling numbers. After the second confirmation pregnancy test, Dr. A officially becomes my OB through the first trimester.
I am so thrilled, I honestly doubted that we would be pregnant, that I would be writing this. Last Thanksgiving left a bitterness in our lives, this year is proving to be much brighter. Thank you everyone for the love and support over the last twelve months.
Do you believe in miracles? We do!




1 comment:
I'm so happy for you, darlin'. Would love to follow the new blog, but I can't remember the address!
Post a Comment