Good news is that we are just days away from egg retrieval. Bad news is I am very disappointed on how many follicles produced on such a high dosage of stimulating drugs. Four follicles - that is it. This is not anything to get excited about. Having a follicle does not guarantee an egg. An egg does not guarantee fertilization. Fertilization does not guarantee a viable embryo for transfer. I suspect that we will not have very much if any to transfer back to my lonely uterus. Just a wonderful reminder that I have the reproductive system of a 45 year old woman.
Today was the typical blood draw and ultrasound, Brian joined me for this and he was a bit fidgety through that. He learned how to administer the HCG trigger shot in my back hip area. I have two pretty sharpie marker circles on my rear end - inject shot here. We expect to trigger tomorrow night followed by egg retrieval on Sunday. Of course this is a day by day outlook and that can change this afternoon after Dr. A reviews today's blood work or after tomorrow morning's appointment.
All in all, I am pretty upset but still holding onto hope that we will have a successful pregnancy. It is harder then any of you can image to keep the stress low, eat right, mix your drugs, inject yourself every night, go to daily ultrasound and blood work appointments while maintaining a positive attitude and smiley face.
I created a nifty chart so you can see my excellent ::insert sarcasm here:: progress. If you click on them it will open in a larger window.






1 comment:
I am so very sorry that all of this has been so hard. The things we'll do! My most fervant wish is that by this time next year you'll look back on this with a wry smile, while your baby demands another feeding.
Stay strong. You can do this. You WILL do this. And you have so many people pulling for you. Lots of love, sweet thing!
Post a Comment