May 05, 2010

Moving Along

It has been a week since I started the injections and every day gets a bit easier.  Within this time I have had three appointments to check on our progress.  At my appointment on Sunday, they increased my medication dosage since I was not responding as well as expected.  As of yesterday's appointment, Dr. Anderson still has hope that we can turn things around in time.  I wish I didn't know as much as I do, because there are many times I am leaving the doctors office feeling a little less hopeful and this scares me.  If all goes as planned we should be having our first IUI sometime next week.  Cross your fingers! 

The only side effects I have experienced from the medication is uncontrollable weeping and injection site tenderness. As far as emotions, this has been one of the hardest things I have done in my life.  I have had a lot of excitement, anxiety, fear, and tears this past week.  My usual distraction and way to make myself feel better would be long walks, but I am under strict no exercising of any kind.  It is hard to do this day to day, keeping a smile on your face and your head up, with all the constant reminders of injections, doctors appointments every other day, and all the other fun stuff that goes with treatment.  We try to take one day at a time and remind ourselves that this is what we have to do to have the baby of our dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment