June 02, 2010

Go Follies!

Today was a follie ultrasound after three days of injections followed up with blood work.  The ultrasound showed the right ovary had 5 follies! Of those 5 follies, 3 are in the running. The dominant follie is 16 and the other two are 10.  Hopefully the two smaller follies will catch up over the next few days.  My left ovary showed no response for the third time.  Lazy, dormant ovary.  The good news is this will increase our chance of pregnancy.  Now I wait for the RE call back regarding my estrogen level and if they will change my injection dosage.  My next ultrasound and blood work appointment is scheduled for Friday morning.

Today I am doing a dance and feeling better about this process.  Woot woot!

Update to this post...

RE just called to discuss today's ultrasound and blood work. Estrogen is still on the very low end, but said there is nothing to do about it and all is dependant upon my injections.  Then came the follie progress discussion.   He is happy with larger one, but went on to say "we just can't get you to grow multiples!"  As in, he isn't happy with the two smaller follies.  He has lowered my dosage from 225 to 150 for the next two nights to see if we can give the two smaller ones a chance to grow.  I asked if there is any hope and he said there is always hope, however this was said in a not so positive tone.  If this IUI does not work for us, he will be discussing IVF with us.  So my bubble just got a leak in it.  Let's hope that we have more progress on Friday.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Woot! Woot! Yeah Jenn!

no more frump said...

So happy to hear this!

~C~ said...

I hope he's just being extra cautious and trying not to get your hopes up. I'm crossing my fingers for those little follies to grow!

Melissa said...

Jen - I am so happy to hear this great news. I am keeping everything crossed for you this cycle.

Beth said...

I am so very glad that I found your blog. I don't know anyone that is going through what I am...so I am so very glad to have found you!

Post a Comment