September 22, 2010

It Is Go Time!


Left a message for my RE this morning that it the time has come for our IVF cycle. My favorite nurse called me back to review the protocol and confirm my first appointment for Friday morning. This appointment will consist of paying the fees, turning in IVF and PGS consent forms ( I will talk about PGS later), blood work, and an ultrasound.  Friday night I will begin the Gonal-F injections again.  From what I understand I will be using Gonal-F first and then early next week the meds are changed.  I will have to learn more of this on Friday.

We also ran through an estimated timeframe so I can schedule work accordingly.  Egg retrieval will possibly be on Oct. 7th, 8th, or 9th.  The PGS testing will occur on day three.  The transfer then should follow on Oct. 12th or 13th.  When all is said and done, I will be on three days of bed rest and four days of house rest.  I will be watching a lot of movies and knitting up a storm.

As of now, I am treating myself as if I am pregnant and doing what is best for my and my future baby(ies) health.  I am going to believe in the power of positive thinking.  I can do this, I will do this. This is our dream and we are going to make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment