September 03, 2010

Hurdles and Miracles

Last Wednesday we got a call from the pharmacy that Anthem denied my Gonal-F.  If you don't remember from previous posts, this drug is extremely expensive - as in hundreds of dollars. After arguing back and forth on the phone with Anthem for hours, I was getting no where. Frustrated and in tears, I raced home to gather all documents stating Gonal-F approval and copay receipts.  I wrote heartfelt letter and faxed everything over to appeal the denial.

On Thursday matters even got worse, our funding for IVF fell through. We are looking at tens of thousands of dollars for IVF cycles - where are we going to find this money? Our world came crushing down upon us as our baby dreams were quickly slipping away from us. We spent hours researching financing options with no luck.  I spent hours crying and pleading with the universe.

Yesterday Anthem called and informed us that a mistake was made in approving the medications in the past and they would not honor it regardless of the proof.  Of course I was angry and told the rep that I was not going to go away until this matter was resolved.  I was going to be their worst nightmare.  While I was on the phone battling, Brian also called Anthem to work with another person.   Amazingly within ten minutes Brian reached a supervisor who overturned the denial, no questions asked!  All it took was one person, one with a heart, to see that this was not fair.  Thank you to whom ever you are!

Even though the medication issues are resolved we still lacked the funds for IVF.  One step in the right direction but all hope was still slipping away.  Friday morning I had a lovely telephone conversation with an angel, who said that our baby dreams will happen no matter what the costs are.  You know who you are!  We love you so much and cannot even begin to express our gratitude.

So there you have it, we now have financing and the required medications!  Brian and I are both excited and scared as these next few weeks move along.  In just a short time the process will begin with injections, many doctor visits, surgery, and then the wait.  A sense of peace has once again come over me.  I cannot wait, I know in my heart this is going to work.  I must believe this our path, believe in us, believe in our dreams.

We are making our dreams into reality...

3 comments:

~C~ said...

So glad this went through for you guys!

Beth said...

Miracles happen all the time...and I'm so glad one has happened to you! I will be praying for you!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you both words can't express what I am feeling! Got tears in my eyes!

Post a Comment