I am in a pretty dark place and am trying to make a step forward. Brian and I talked quite a bit this weekend after I got over my initial anger. I am very, very, very disappointed in Dr. A and his lack of communication. FSH levels were never discussed during our IVF appointments and phone discussions. With my history it would seem that he would have mentioned this possibility as all of my tests were over his threshold limit of 10. After all the fighting to get our medications and funding for IVF this was such a huge let down. I had such high hopes and yet another month slips by.
Brian made an effort to seek advice from an old friend who has been in our shoes. This woman has referred us to her RE for further evaluation. I am not going to share her story here but it is a beautiful outcome. I have a consultation set up for Thursday, October 7th.
Brian made an effort to seek advice from an old friend who has been in our shoes. This woman has referred us to her RE for further evaluation. I am not going to share her story here but it is a beautiful outcome. I have a consultation set up for Thursday, October 7th.
I have also been referred to an acupuncturist that specialized in infertility. http://acupuncturebydrlee.com/. There is evidence supporting that acupuncture can lower FSH levels. I will be going in this Friday for consultation and treatment.
So the plan is...
*Seek second opinion from RE
*New acupuncturist
*Wheatgrass everyday, there is evidence this can help lower FSH
*Try to address causes of FSH levels if there are any other then low ovarian reserve
*Lose ten pounds
*No dairy, booze, caffeine, sugar
*Continue organic vegetable/whole food based diet
And the list is growing. If this all fails, we have options to explore.




No comments:
Post a Comment