Today was my first acupuncture appointment with Dr. Lee. When I first walked into his office I was overwhelmed with thousands of baby pictures covering all wall space. It was reassuring to know I made the right decision by going to him. This is what he does and what he loves.
The appointment started out with going over my health, our loss, and progress with the RE. He thinks I have not yet ovulated and said to give it our best shot :) I got a hefty dose of needles in my stomach, lower, legs, feet, hands, top of my head, and my ears. He hooked up these nifty electrical gadgets to a few on my stomach that sent electrical pulses through. It hurt a bit, but then it became a soothing feeling once I relaxed. After about 40 minutes he came back and took all the needles with the exception of my ears. He left the ones in my ears for anxiety and stress. They are very tiny needles covered by what looks like a bandaid dot. Whenever I feel anxious I am to give them a little squeeze. So far it has helped with work! Ahhh relaxation with a heavy dose of peace.
Dr. Lee said my body runs too cold and sluggish, which is not optimal for baby housing. I am to wear socks and shoes, avoid iced/cold drinks. I do have a tendency to feel cold, especially in my hands and feet. I adding three supplements daily, the dosage is a lot of capsules - whew! He also gave me a strict diet plan for optimal uterine health. Some of these I have already implemented into my daily life.
Food to Avoid:
- No dairy products, milk, cheese, yogurt, or ice cream (sigh, I love ice cream and cheese)
- No beef or lamb (sigh I love a great steak and hamburger - with cheese of course!)
- No garlic, dried ginger, or cayenne pepper (oh my I cook with garlic daily)
- No coffee or tea (not even decaf), or alcohol. (Raspberry tea is ok)
- No ice or cold drink
Foods to Eat:
- Eggs, turkey, chicken, fish, tofu, soymilk (I still avoid all soy products for other reasons pointed out by C)
- Apple, grapefruit, kiwi, watermelon, strawberry, blueberry and un-ripe peach and pear
- 80% of meal should consist of fresh green vegetables (cucumber, celery, carrots, etc) but is to be eaten at room temperature.
- 1 cup raspberry tea daily
Oh yea, I am also to start charting again :( This will help him see how my body is responding to treatment. What a drag! I had charted for well over a year previously and was so happy with my RE said I could stop. You don't know what BBT charting is? Here... BBT charting
I look forward to my next appointment. I hope this fertility huru guru can work some magic and we can side step IVF. Ok, I am dreaming, but that is what life is all about.




No comments:
Post a Comment