April 28, 2010

And We Are Off!

First, I want to thank everyone for the amazing amount of support we received yesterday.  It is not easy throwing your life out there for everyone to see.  But when it comes down to it, we need all the love and support we can get during this exciting, yet overwhelming time.  Who knows, maybe we will be able to help someone else who may take this journey in the future.

This morning was filled with a lot of anxiety and questions as to whether I can do this.  Do I have the strength to make it through this?  I waited patiently in the RE's office for my name to be called.  As I sat there I watched several women come in and sit not wanting to make eye contact.  I was thinking to myself, we are all here for the same reason and a smile would go a long way.  Then there were several men coming in with brown baggies, of course I couldn't stop giggling knowing what was in them.  Finally it was my turn.  I sat with the nurse and discussed the protocol of what is to come.  I finally began to relax and then she whipped out the injection pen - panic took over.  After she talked me down, she showed me how to load the pen and had me inject it into a silicone thingamagiggy.  I did it, shaking and holding my breath the entire time.  I pulled the needle out a bit too fast and shot the fluid everywhere.  We got through it with laughter which was very welcome at that moment.  Tomorrow night I start the injections and will continue them for the next 10 days or so.  Wish me luck!  From here on out I will be visiting the doctor about every two to three days for the first week, then everyday until we are ready for two back to back IUIs.  The nurses are absolutely wonderful, actually the entire practice group is amazing.  They really are there for you.

Here we go, there is no turning back now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have grown into an amazing young woman and I coulden't be any prouder. I believe in you! You can do this!
Love
MOM

Camala Fowler said...

I would have been in a panic too when they pulled out the injection needle, you are definitely not alone there! You can make it through this. I've always been deeply impressed by what a strong person you are, even as a child. I am praying for the very best for you. Hang in there! One step at a time, you can do it!
Love,
Camala

Jennifer said...

Thank you for the kind words. They do mean so much to me.

Post a Comment