April 30, 2010

That Wasn't So Bad

Yesterday was the beginning of the daily injections.  I started to experience a bit of anxiety as the evening approached.  Brian opened a bottle of wine in hopes that I would begin to relax, but as the time grew near the anxiety worsened.  I started babbling on and on, all the while Brian was laughing and encouraging me  that it will not be so bad.  Of course, I sat there fumbling telling him that is easy to say.  The time came to prepare the pen and my thoughts became fuzzy.  I held the shot in my hand and a wave of panic set it, I began to get dizzy.  I yelled that I could not do this and Brian again encouraged me.  His laughter put me over the edge, but in a good way.  I pinched my stomach, I jabbed, it's in - it was easy!  Click, click, click and I was done.  I quickly pulled the needle out and that was the only part that remotely hurt.  It is funny how one can really get worked up over such simple things.  I just have to keep reminding myself of why we are doing this, that this is one step closer to having our baby to love.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YEAH JENN!!!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!
LOVE
MOM

Post a Comment