April 27, 2010

National Infertility Awareness Week

National Infertility Awareness Week 2010
It is National Infertility Awareness Week.  Both, miscarriages and infertility, are such taboo subjects in society and this has been very bothersome.  This current way of thinking only perpetuates the struggles and feelings of loneliness by those who are suffering.  I ask that you learn about both in hope that creating awareness and support will help change the future.  
~*~
It has been five months since we lost Baby Fultz.  Every day I find reminders of where we should be in our pregnancy.  This would have been our 32nd week and we should be finishing up a nursery and choosing a name for our little girl or boy.  Sometimes this all feels as if it was a dream and other days it is all too real.  I  honestly believed that the universe would grant me some peace and that we would again be expecting before our due date loomed in front of us.  Every failed month is a dagger to my heart and it is as if I am reliving everything again.  I ask myself daily, why is this so hard for us?  What did we do to deserve this?  This just isn't fair - quite frankly it is cruel and I know there are no answers.  I don't want pity, but I long for understanding and support.  Going through a loss is incredibly hard, but pairing the loss with infertility creates feelings I cannot describe.  

1 comment:

Camala Fowler said...

Jennifer,
Thank you for sharing your blog with us. You are a beautiful writer (only fitting for such a beautiful spirit!). I am so sorry for all the pain and challenges you are going through. I am wishing the very best for you, and praying for wonderful things to come your way. You are an amazing woman and deserving of happiness to come your way. I'm here for you, if there is anything I can do. Love you,
Camala

Post a Comment