Tick tock, tick tock... waiting in the land of the unknown is a drag. I should be starting the injections some time this week, yet I still do not have the medications. Last week the RE placed the order and I should have received delivery last Friday. Of course these things just don't seem to pan out as they should. After learning last week that our insurance required 'pre-authorization' before accepting the prescription for coverage processing, the nurse and pharmacist jumped through hoops to get it taken care of. Today I get a follow up call from the pharmacy informing me that all required forms have been submitted to Blue Cross and are currently awaiting approval. Of course, they also told me that the insurance company just informed them that they lacking other information and that the RE needs to contact them again. Why would they have not brought this up last week? How difficult can this process be? Don't these people do this on a daily basis? After many discussions and expressing my frustrations with the process, my RE said that I could 'borrow' the injections from them until our insurance coverage is resolved. However, I am extremely reluctant to do so since I don't even know if Blue Cross will cover the cost of medications. If the meds are approved we are looking at about $150 a month plus an additional cost of $1700 to $1900 for our doctor, labs, ultrasounds, procedures, etc. If they are not covered we are facing $1500 a month in addition to the doctor and procedures!
I think we will be denied for the medication coverage and May will be put on hold.
I think we will be denied for the medication coverage and May will be put on hold.




No comments:
Post a Comment